|Draft → Downgrade|
|Introduced in version|
|Draft Upgrade, Part Cut|
The Downgrade tool downgrades the selected objects in different ways.
The Downgrade tool performs things such as breaking faces, and deconstructing wires into their individual edges. It can cut a shape with another shape in similar way to Part Cut.
The counterpart to this tool is the Draft Upgrade operation.
Face cut from another face; then face downgraded into a closed wire; then downgraded into individual lines
How to use
- Select one or more objects that you want to downgrade.
- Press the button or press then keys. If no object is selected, you will be invited to select one.
The selected objects are modified or downgraded, according to the following conditions, in order:
- If only one object is selected and it contains more than one face, each face becomes a separate object.
- If there are more than one face in the selection, the subsequent objects are subtracted from the first one.
- If there is only one face in the selection, it gets converted into a wire.
- Otherwise all wires found in the selection are exploded into single edges.
There are no options for this tool. Either it works with the selected objects or not.
downgrade_list = downgrade(objects, delete=False, force=None) addList, deleteList = downgrade(objects, delete=False, force=None)
- Downgrades the given
objects, which can be a single object or a list of objects.
True, old objects are deleted.
forceis given, it is the internal function to call to force a certain way of downgrading. It can be:
upgrade_listis returned, which is a list containing two lists: a list of new objects (
addList) and a list of objects to be deleted (
import FreeCAD, Draft # Create an union Circle = Draft.makeCircle(1000) Rectangle = Draft.makeRectangle(2000, 800) addList1, deleteList1 = Draft.upgrade([Circle, Rectangle], delete=True) union = addList1 # Downgrade the union twice addList2, deleteList2 = Draft.downgrade(union, delete=False) wire = addList2 list_edges, deleteList3 = Draft.downgrade(wire, delete=False) # Insert a solid box Box = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject("Part::Box", "Box") Box.Length = 2300 Box.Width = 800 Box.Height = 1000 list_faces, deleteList4 = Draft.downgrade(Box, delete=True)