The combo view is one of the main panels in the FreeCAD interface. It is located on the left side of the screen by default. It is composed of two parts; the upper part has two tabs for the Model and Tasks; the lower part shows the property editor, which also displays two tabs for View and Data properties. The property editor is only shown when the Model tab is active, that is, when the tree view is visible.
Originally the upper part (tree view) was separate from the lower part (property editor) but then they were combined, and thus the "combo" view was created.
To use these views by themselves use the parameter editor. Create the following subgroups if they don't exist
then add the parameter
Enabled of type
Boolean, and set it to True.
Then activate the view using the menu, View → Panels → Tree view or → Property view.
The Model tab shows the tree view, which is a representation of the document's content, including 2D and 3D geometry with their parametric history, but also supporting objects that contain data saved in the document.
The Tasks tab shows the task panel, which will show different actions depending on the active workbench, and the active tool.
The combo view has two tabs: the Model tab that controls displaying the tree view and the property editor, and the Tasks tab that controls showing the task panel.
The lower part of the combo view shows the property editor, which displays two tabs for View and Data properties. The property editor is only shown when the Model tab is active, that is, when the tree view is visible.
The View tab shows visualization properties of the objects, which only affect their appearance in the 3D view.
The Data tab shows the parametric properties of the objects, which determine how the geometrical shapes are defined.
The lower part of the combo view is the property editor, which shows View and Data properties.
- Preferences Editor, Interface Customization
- Main window: Standard menu, 3D view, Combo view (Tree view, Task panel, Property editor), Selection view, Report view, Python console, Status bar, DAG view
- Auxiliary windows: Scene inspector, Dependency graph
- File: New, Open, Close, Close all, Save, Save as, Save a copy, Save all, Revert, Import, Export, Merge project, Project information, Print, Print preview, Export PDF, Recent files, Exit
- Edit: Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Duplicate selection, Refresh, Box selection, Box element selection, Select all, Delete, Placement, Alignment, Toggle Edit mode, Preferences
- View: Create new view, Orthographic view, Perspective view, Fullscreen, Standard views (Fit all, Fit selection, Isometric, Dimetric, Trimetric, Front, Top, Right, Rear, Bottom, Left, Rotate left, Rotate right), Freeze display (Save views, Load views, Freeze view, Clear views), Draw style (As is, Flat lines, Shaded, Wireframe, Points, Hidden line, No shading), Bounding box, Stereo (red/cyan, quad buffer, interleaved rows, interleaved columns, Stereo off, Issue camera position), Zoom (Zoom In, Zoom Out, Box zoom), Document window (Docked, Undocked, Full screen), Toggle axis cross, Clipping plane, Texture mapping, Visibility (Toggle visibility, Show selection, Hide selection, Select visible objects, Toggle all objects, Show all objects, Hide all objects, Toggle selectability, Toggle measurement, Clear measurement), Toggle navigation/edit mode, Appearance, Random color, Workbench, Toolbars (File, Workbench, Macro, View, Structure, Navigation), Panels (Report view, Tree view, Property view, Selection view, Combo view, Python console, DAG view), Tree view actions (Sync view, Sync selection, Sync placement, Pre-selection, Record selection, Single document, Multi document, Collapse/expand, Initiate dragging, Go to selection), Status bar
- Tools: Edit parameters, Save picture, Scene inspector, Dependency graph, Project utility, Measure distance, Text document, View turntable, Units calculator, Customize, Addon manager
- Macro: Macro recording, Stop macro recording, Macros, Execute macro, Debug macro, Stop debugging, Step over, Step into, Toggle breakpoint
- Windows: Next, Previous, Tile, Cascade, Arrange icons, Windows
- Help: Help, FreeCAD Website, Users documentation, Python scripting documentation, Automatic Python modules documentation, FreeCAD forum, FreeCAD FAQ, About FreeCAD, What's This
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting