|3D Modeling → Library|
|This command is part of the BIM AddOn, that you can install via menu Tools → Addons Manager|
How to use
- Press the button
- Click a file from the library
- Double-click it or press the Insert button
- Click a point in the 3D view or enter a coordinate manually to place the object
- FCStd, STEP and BREP files are supported. Only STEP and BREP files are placeable. FCStd files will not allow you to choose a placement, as they might be composed of a complex series of objects with significant positions. When choosing an FCStd file, its contents will be inserted at the position that is defined in the file.
- STEP and BREP objects are inserted as Equipments with no separated base shape. Adding a base shape to these objects afterwards will destroy their current shape.
- On placing an object, you can choose their insertion point between original (the (0,0,0) point defined in the file), top, middle, bottom and left, center and right.