The Arch workbench provides modern BIM workflow to FreeCAD, with support for features like IFC support, fully parametric architectural entities such as walls, structural elements or windows, and rich 2D document production. The Arch workbench also feature all the tools from the Draft Workbench.
Note: The BIM functionality of FreeCAD is now progressively split into this Arch Workbench, which holds all the base BIM tools, and the BIM Workbench addon, that you can install via menu Tools->Addon Manager, that adds a new interface layer on top of the Arch tools, with the aim to make BIM workflow in FreeCAD more intuitive and user-friendly.
These are tools for creating architectural objects.
- Wall: Creates a wall from scratch or using a selected object as a base
- Structural element: Creates a structural element from scratch or using a selected object as a base
- Rebar tools
- Straight Rebar: Creates a Straight reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- UShape Rebar: Creates a UShape reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- LShape Rebar: Creates a LShape reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- Bent Shape Rebar: Creates a Bent Shape reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- Stirrup Rebar: Creates a Stirrup reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- Helical Rebar: Creates a Helical reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- Rebar: Creates a custom reinforcement bar in a selected structural element using a sketch
- Floor: Creates a floor including selected objects
- Building: Creates a building including selected objects
- Site: Creates a site including selected objects
- Window: Creates a window using a selected object as a base
- Section Plane: Adds a section plane object to the document
- Axis tools
- Roof: Creates a sloped roof from a selected face
- Space: Creates a space object in the document
- Stairs: Creates a stairs object in the document
- Panel tools
- Frame: Creates a frame object from a selected layout
- Equipment: Creates an equipment or furniture object
- Pipe tools available in version 0.17
- Material tools
- Schedule: Creates different types of schedules
These are tools for modifying architectural objects.
- Cut with plane: Cut an object according to a plan.
- Add component: Adds objects to a component
- Remove component: Subtracts or removes objects from a component
- Survey: Enters or leaves surveying mode
These are additional tools to help you in specific tasks.
- Component: Creates a non-parametric Arch component
- Clone component:
- Split Mesh: Splits a selected mesh into separate components
- Mesh To Shape: Converts a mesh into a shape, unifying coplanar faces
- Select non-solid meshes: Selects all non-solid meshes from the current selection or frm the document
- Remove Shape: Turns cubic shape-based arch object fully parametric
- Close Holes: Closes holes in a selected shape-based object
- Merge Walls: Merge two or more walls
- Check: Check if the selected objects are solids and don't contain defects
- Ifc Explorer: Browse the contents of an IFC file
- Toggle IFC Brep flag: Forces a selected object to be exported as an IfcFacetedBrep.
- 3 Views from mesh: Creates top, frontal and side views from a mesh.
- Create IFC spreadsheet...:
- Toggle Subcomponents: Shows or hides the subcomponents of an Arch object.
- Preferences...: Preferences disposable in Arch Module.
- IFC : Industry foundation Classes
- DAE : Collada mesh format
- OBJ : Obj mesh format (export only)
- 3DS : 3DS format (import only)