Arch Rebar Helical
|Arch → Rebar tools|
|Introduced in version|
|Stirrup Rebar, Column Reinforcement|
One continuous helical reinforcement bar inside an Arch Structure
How to use
- Select any face of a previously created object.
- Then select from the rebar tools.
- A task panel will pop-out on the left side of the screen as shown below.
- Select the desired orientation.
- Give the inputs like front cover, right side cover, left side cover, bottom cover and diameter of the rebar.
- Select the mode of distribution either amount or spacing.
- If spacing is selected, a user can also opt for custom spacing.
- Pick selected face is used to verify or change the face for rebar distribution.
- Click or to generate the rebars.
- Click to exit the task panel.
Taskview panel for the Arch Rebar Helical tool
- DATASide Cover: The distance between rebar to the curved face.
- DATATop Cover: The distance between rebar from the top face of the structure.
- DATABottom Cover: The distance between rebar from the bottom face of the structure.
- DATAPitch: The pitch of a helix is the height of one complete helix turn, measured parallel to the axis of the helix.
- DATADiameter: Diameter of the rebar.
Rebar = makeHelicalRebar(s_cover, b_cover, diameter, t_cover, pitch, structure=None, facename=None)
- Creates a
Rebarobject from the given
structure, which is an Arch Structure, and
facename, which is a face of that structure.
- If no
facenameare given, it will take the user selected face as input.
- If no
t_coverare inner offset distances for the rebar with respect to the faces of the structure. They are respectively the side, bottom, and top offsets.
diameteris the diameter of the reinforcement spiral inside the structure.
pitchis the parameter that determines how close or far apart each spiral loop is to each other.
import FreeCAD, Draft, Arch, HelicalRebar Circle = Draft.makeCircle(radius=250) Structure = Arch.makeStructure(Circle) Structure.ViewObject.Transparency = 80 FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute() Rebar = HelicalRebar.makeHelicalRebar(10, 50, 8, 50, 50, structure, "Face2")
Edition of the rebar
You can change the properties of the rebar with the following function
editHelicalRebar(Rebar, s_cover, b_cover, diameter, t_cover, pitch, structure=None, facename=None)
Rebaris a previously created
- The other parameters are the same as required by the
facenamemay be omitted so that the rebar stays in the original structure.
import HelicalRebar HelicalRebar.editHelicalRebar(Rebar, 20, 100, 20, 20, 100)