This tool allows to create corner or tee connection between two or three selected Arch Pipes.
How to use
- Select 2 or 3 Arch Pipes. If you are selecting 3 pipes, two of them must be exactly aligned.
- Press the Arch PipeConnector button, or press P then C keys.
- DATARadius: The curvature radius of this connector
See the information on Arch Pipe for the workflow on using pipes and creating connectors.
See also: Arch API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The Pipe Connector tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following function:
Connector = makePipeConnector(pipes, radius=0, name="Connector")
- Creates a
Connector object from the given
pipes, which is a list of Arch Pipes, and optionally a
radius of curvature.
- The base objects (Draft Wires) of the Arch Pipes should share an endpoint so they create a proper, smooth connector.
import FreeCAD, Draft, Arch
p1 = FreeCAD.Vector(-1000, 0, 0)
p2 = FreeCAD.Vector(-2000, 0, 0)
p3 = FreeCAD.Vector(-2000, 0, 0)
p4 = FreeCAD.Vector(-2000, -1000, 0)
p5 = FreeCAD.Vector(-2000, -1000, 0)
p6 = FreeCAD.Vector(-4000, -1000, 0)
Line1 = Draft.makeWire([p1, p2])
Line2 = Draft.makeWire([p3, p4])
Line3 = Draft.makeWire([p5, p6])
Pipe1 = Arch.makePipe(Line1, 150)
Pipe2 = Arch.makePipe(Line2, 150)
Pipe3 = Arch.makePipe(Line3, 150)
Conn = Arch.makePipeConnector([Pipe1, Pipe2])
Conn2 = Arch.makePipeConnector([Pipe2, Pipe3])
Line4 = Draft.move(Line1, FreeCAD.Vector(-500, 1000, 0), copy=True)
Line5 = Draft.move(Line2, FreeCAD.Vector(-500, 1000, 0), copy=True)
Pipe4 = Arch.makePipe(Line4, 100)
Pipe5 = Arch.makePipe(Line5, 100)
Conn3 = Arch.makePipeConnector([Pipe4, Pipe5], radius=400)
- Elements: Wall, Structure, Roof, Window, Door, Stairs, Space, Frame, Equipment; Pipe, Pipe Connector; Schedule
- Reinforcements: Rebar; Straight Rebar, UShape Rebar, LShape Rebar, Bent Shape Rebar, Stirrup Rebar, Helical Rebar
- Panels: Panel, Panel Cut, Panel Sheet, Nest
- Materials: Material, Multi-Material
- Organization: Site, Reference, Building, Floor, Building Part, Section Plane
- Axes: Axis, Axes system, Grid
- Utilities: Component, Clone component, Split Mesh, Mesh To Shape, Select non-solid meshes, Remove Shape, Close Holes, Merge Walls, Check, Ifc Explorer, Toggle IFC Brep flag, 3 Views from mesh, Create IFC spreadsheet, Toggle Subcomponents
- Additional: Preferences, Import-Export Preferences (IFC, DAE, OBJ, JSON, 3DS); Arch API
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting