The Reinforcement Addon augments the Arch Workbench by providing new interfaces and presets for the creation of common rebar types for use with Arch Structures.
The tools can be installed with the Addon Manager via the menu Tools → Addon manager → Reinforcement. FreeCAD needs to be restarted for the new tools to appear under the Rebar Straight button.
This addon was developed during the Google Summer of Code 2017, and is hosted in the FreeCAD-Reinforcement Github repository, which is separate from the main FreeCAD repository.
Back to Workbenches / External Workbenches
Types of reinforcement
- Straight Rebar: Creates a Straight reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- UShape Rebar: Creates a UShape reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- LShape Rebar: Creates a LShape reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- Bent Shape Rebar: Creates a Bent Shape reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- Stirrup Rebar: Creates a Stirrup reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- Helical Rebar: Creates a Helical reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- Rebar: Creates a custom reinforcement bar in a selected structural element using a sketch
- Elements: Wall, Structure, Roof, Window, Door, Stairs, Space, Frame, Equipment; Pipe, Pipe Connector; Schedule
- Reinforcements: Rebar; Straight Rebar, UShape Rebar, LShape Rebar, Bent Shape Rebar, Stirrup Rebar, Helical Rebar
- Panels: Panel, Panel Cut, Panel Sheet, Nest
- Materials: Material, Multi-Material
- Organization: Site, Reference, Building, Floor, Building Part, Section Plane
- Axes: Axis, Axes system, Grid
- Utilities: Component, Clone component, Split Mesh, Mesh To Shape, Select non-solid meshes, Remove Shape, Close Holes, Merge Walls, Check, Ifc Explorer, Toggle IFC Brep flag, 3 Views from mesh, Create IFC spreadsheet, Toggle Subcomponents
- Additional: Preferences, Import-Export Preferences (IFC, DAE, OBJ, JSON, 3DS); Arch API
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting