This command is currently not in use. It will serve to generate flat, shape-based views from a Mesh based object, to be used by the Arch Equipment tool.
How to use
- Select a Mesh object.
- Select menu Arch → Utilities → 3Views.
See also: Arch API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
This tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following function:
shape = createMeshView(obj, direction=FreeCAD.Vector(0, 0, -1), outeronly=False, largestonly=False)
- Creates a flat
shape that is the projection of the given mesh object (
obj) in the given
True only the outer contour is taken into consideration, discarding the inner holes.
True only the largest segment of the given mesh will be used.
Part.show() to display the resulting flat shape.
import FreeCAD, Draft, Arch, Mesh, MeshPart
Line = Draft.makeWire([FreeCAD.Vector(0, 0, 0), FreeCAD.Vector(2000, 2000, 0)])
Wall = Arch.makeWall(Line, width=150, height=3000)
Shape = Wall.Shape.copy(False)
Shape.Placement = Wall.getGlobalPlacement()
mesh_obj = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject("Mesh::Feature", "Mesh")
mesh_obj.Mesh = MeshPart.meshFromShape(Shape=Shape, MaxLength=520)
mesh_obj.ViewObject.DisplayMode = "Flat Lines"
XAxis = FreeCAD.Vector(1, 0, 0)
YAxis = FreeCAD.Vector(0, 1, 0)
ZAxis = FreeCAD.Vector(0, 0, -1)
s1 = Arch.createMeshView(mesh_obj, ZAxis)
s2 = Arch.createMeshView(mesh_obj, XAxis)
s3 = Arch.createMeshView(mesh_obj, YAxis)
Wall.ViewObject.Visibility = False
mesh_obj.ViewObject.Visibility = False
- Elements: Wall, Structure, Roof, Window, Door, Stairs, Space, Frame, Equipment; Pipe, Pipe Connector; Schedule
- Reinforcements: Rebar; Straight Rebar, UShape Rebar, LShape Rebar, Bent Shape Rebar, Stirrup Rebar, Helical Rebar
- Panels: Panel, Panel Cut, Panel Sheet, Nest
- Materials: Material, Multi-Material
- Organization: Site, Reference, Building, Floor, Building Part, Section Plane
- Axes: Axis, Axes system, Grid
- Utilities: Component, Clone component, Split Mesh, Mesh To Shape, Select non-solid meshes, Remove Shape, Close Holes, Merge Walls, Check, Ifc Explorer, Toggle IFC Brep flag, 3 Views from mesh, Create IFC spreadsheet, Toggle Subcomponents
- Additional: Preferences, Import-Export Preferences (IFC, DAE, OBJ, JSON, 3DS); Arch API
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting