Animation Toolkit for FreeCAD
This Workbench can be used to create sequences of pictures.
It is still under construction - all contributions welcomed ...
This workbench is easy to install and update from the Addon Manager available in FreeCAD 0.17 and above. For FreeCAD 0.16 users and other install methods, please refer to Installing_additional_contents. Specifically, the GitHub download page has install instructions: download the Zip, un-compress, and place the flamingo-master folder inside your .FreeCAD/Mod directory. If the /Mod directory does not exist, create it by Create New Folder on Ubuntu.
Detailed description here
Drop down menu
- Mover: moves objects during a time intervall along the motion Vector.
- Rotator: rotates objects during a time intervall. Further parameters are Rotation Axis/Direction, Center of Rotation and Angle.
- Tranquillizer: slows the render process if the animation runs to fast.
- Photographer: creates a picture of a given format and size to a render directory for every time step.
- Plugger: connects a newly created object to an already animated shuttle object or to a vertex of an animated sketch to enable using sketcher to calculate complex transformations with some constraints by means of the shuttle object.
- Adjuster: enables to calculate a value by a basic linear function. Now sketches can become animated by changing values in constraints.
- Styler: controls the Gui-object. Visibility, Transparency and Shape Color can be changed on the fly.
- Billboard: Billboard and Moviescreen are features to display extra information like texts or images during the animation.
- Moviescreen: Billboard and Moviescreen are features to display extra information like texts or images during the animation.
- Extruder: can be used to demonstrate the functionality of a miller or a 3D printer.
- Bounder: limits the values of the Placement to an intervall. It is the projection of a motion to a min/max limited space.
- Filler: can be used to fill the volume of a part from bottom to top like to fill a bottle with wine. It can work as running slice trough the part like a ct scan.
- Gearing: animates the rotation of 2 or 3 gears or a star-planet-moon system.
- Kartan: animates a Kardan joint.
- Case action:
- False action:
- Follow me:
- Loop action:
- Query action:
- Repeat action:
- Script action:
- True action:
- While action:
Links to Animation WB
- Workbench Wiki: www.freecadbuch.de
- FreeCAD Wiki:
- FreeCAD Forum: http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=8976&start=10
- Tutorials: Toolset
- Videos: Animation videos
- Files: Examples
- Report bugs: Please report bugs at FreeCAD forum, or at Animation issues