View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003061||PartDesign||Bug||public||2017-06-01 05:09||2018-10-04 11:39|
|Target Version||0.18||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0003061: "Move object after other object" function causes chaos|
|Description||FreeCAD part design gets very confused about the order of sketches and features if the "Move object after other object" function is used. This series of bugs means that if "Move object after other object" is used, it pretty thoroughly breaks a CAD document.|
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Create a sketch on the XY-plane. Draw a rectangle. Create a pad - this is "Sketch"+"Pad"|
2. Create a second sketch on the XY-plane. Draw a rectangle intersecting with the first. Create a pad - this is "Sketch001"+"Pad001"
3. Right click on "Pad", and select "Move object after other object", and select "Pad001".
4. "Pad" has now moved to the end of the list, but "Pad001" is still has visibility. Bug: "Pad" should get visibility instead. Push Spacebar to make "Pad" visible.
5. Now, delete "Pad" - and "Sketch" appears before "Pad001". Bug: It should appear after "Pad001".
6. Start a new document, and repeat steps 1-4.
7. Create a sketch on the XY-plane with another intersecting rectangle. Close the sketch.
8. Bug: This sketch "Sketch002" appears in the list after "Pad001" before "Pad". It should have appeared after pad. All further Sketches and Features are inserted before "Pad", rather than at the end of the list.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Release Date 2017/05/24 15:09:49
||Discussion thread: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22876|
4. This is a minor bug. Can be fixed, of course.
5. I don't think it even is a problem. Sketches are not parts of the sequence, so their order of appearance is irrelevant.
8. Is it a bug or not is actually a hard question. From the description, it seems that "move feature after" did what it was supposed to do, but didn't advance Tip to match with last feature. As a result, all new features were applied to Tip feature, which explains the behavior, and it is by design. There is an "set tip" command in right-click menu, that can potentially rectify the situation.
But I can understand how this behavior looks like it is broken.
||Bumping to 0.18|
Part or the totality of what is regarded as bug here is solved by:
If/when merged, probably it makes sense to do some testing/checks to see if there is something not yet solved and therefore needing a fix.
FYI behaviour has not changed, I still get the same result as detailed in the report, even if pull 1224 was apparently merged.
OS: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.14727 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 2.7.15rc1
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: French/Canada (fr_CA)
As written in the PR I don't see a relation to this ticket.
The two issues are:
* The sketch of a deleted and moved pad goes to the wrong position even when manually setting the tip beforehand. But this is only a cosmetic issue and so far has no impact on the modelling. I guess the wrong position is caused by the fact that in the Group property of the body the order is Sketch, Sketch001, Pad001. When manually changing it to Sketch001, Pad001, Sketch it's at the correct position in the tree view
* When moving a pad then the tip is not automatically set to the last object in the list. So, the question is if this should be done automatically or manually. But the further behaviour is correct when Pad001 is still the tip.
|2017-06-01 05:09||jhol||New Issue|
|2017-06-01 05:31||jhol||Note Added: 0009233|
|2017-06-10 11:52||Kunda1||Note Added: 0009333|
|2017-09-24 22:20||wmayer||Target Version||=> 0.17|
|2017-11-20 20:32||DeepSOIC||Note Added: 0010444|
|2017-11-21 01:14||Kunda1||Target Version||0.17 => 0.18|
|2017-11-21 01:14||Kunda1||Note Added: 0010447|
|2018-01-11 14:26||abdullah||Relationship added||related to 0003084|
|2018-01-13 15:39||abdullah||Assigned To||=> abdullah|
|2018-01-13 15:39||abdullah||Status||new => assigned|
|2018-01-13 18:34||abdullah||Note Added: 0010758|
|2018-01-22 20:11||wmayer||Relationship added||related to 0003312|
|2018-09-16 16:46||normandc||Note Added: 0011764|
|2018-10-04 11:37||wmayer||Note Added: 0011916|
|2018-10-04 11:39||wmayer||Severity||major => minor|