View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002407||FreeCAD||Bug||public||2016-01-14 11:13||2016-01-26 11:15|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||0.16|
|Summary||0002407: References to other spreadsheets only work with their original default names|
|Description||When creating spreadsheets, they are assigned a generic name:|
- the first one is Spreadsheet
- the second one is Spreadsheet001
I can call for eg Spreadsheet001.A1 in Spreadsheet, but if I rename Spreadsheet001 to eg Somedumbname, calling for Somedumbname.A1 in Spreadsheet ends up there with #ERR (by the way, the cell content in Spreadsheet automatically gets modified to Somedumbname001.A1).
Now, keeping Somedumbname named that new way, if I change back the cell content in Spreadsheet to Spreadsheet001.A1 (even though Spreadsheet001 is not the name of that spreadsheet anymore), it works again...
I think all was working fine a few days ago, though. Don't remember when it was last working exactly (did a lot of things, like finally updating to Fedora 23 from 22, which had me rebuild through a custom script which pulls the latest from master).
That's quite a problem, as I was loving and doing lots of experiments with expressions support...
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Same problem when trying to make a sketch constraint referencing a spreadsheet cell. The custom name of the spreadsheet does not fully work.
The dropdown autocomplete does see the custom spreadsheet name and alias but the dialog still says 'property not found'.
Works properly when using the default name 'Spreadsheet.myCellAliasName'.
Windows 7, x64, version 0.16.6222 (Git)
Hi noraef, please don't create bug tickets with FreeCAD version numbers. It is usually a good idea to also attach a file that demonstrates the issue.
I have tested in the version below and it appears there is a problem as described above in current master...
OS: Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.16.6223 (Git)
Build type: Debug
Python version: 2.7.3
Qt version: 4.8.2
Coin version: 3.1.3
OCC version: 6.9.1.oce-0.18-dev
here is a link to my post within a relevant forum topic, regarding this ticket.
I have also attached a very simple demo file to that forum topic.
Seems you were meaning "without" version number: thing is in the "report issue" page, I can't select 0.16 or master, hence why I did not put anything there.
Will add an example file next time I report something: sorry for that; did not think about it, and really should have.
Also, I can't see the link to the forum in your above message, so here it is: http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13731&start=10#p110821
FreeCAD: master e9480e6a
Committer: wmayer Details Diff
|ObjectIdentifier: Issue 0002407: Fixed resolution of DocumentObject, to differentiate better between internal name and Label.||
|mod - src/App/ObjectIdentifier.cpp||Diff File|
|mod - src/App/ObjectIdentifier.h||Diff File|
|2016-01-14 11:13||noraef||New Issue|
|2016-01-14 22:07||t3hmun||Note Added: 0006715|
|2016-01-14 22:08||t3hmun||Note Edited: 0006715||View Revisions|
|2016-01-16 06:45||jmaustpc||Note Added: 0006722|
|2016-01-16 06:48||jmaustpc||Product Version||=> 0.16|
|2016-01-16 06:48||jmaustpc||Target Version||=> 0.16|
|2016-01-16 09:00||noraef||Note Added: 0006723|
|2016-01-16 09:47||eivindkvedalen||Assigned To||=> eivindkvedalen|
|2016-01-16 09:47||eivindkvedalen||Status||new => assigned|
|2016-01-19 01:56||yorik||Target Version||0.16 =>|
|2016-01-26 11:06||wmayer||Changeset attached||=> FreeCAD Master master e9480e6a|
|2016-01-26 11:15||wmayer||Status||assigned => closed|
|2016-01-26 11:15||wmayer||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2016-01-26 11:15||wmayer||Fixed in Version||=> 0.16|