Asking for wiki edit permission

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jeanjoux

Re: Asking for wiki edit permission

Post by jeanjoux »

Hello.
I'm new at FreeCAD and I would like to help to contribute to this project.
I'm able to traduct or verify some piece of documentation or interface.
Could you provide me a write access to this feature?
Thank you in advance.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Done! Have fun, thanks for the help, and don't hesitate to ask here in case of doubt.
mbrett5062

Post by mbrett5062 »

Hi there, I am also new to FreeCAD and find it very interesting, your goals are admirable and I would like to help in anyway I can.
I am a professional design engineer with more then 32 years experience. Worked on everything from Computervision 4x/5x, SDRC Ideas, Catia V5, Pro/E 5/creo, SolidWorks.
I am still learning about FreeCAD, and while doing so, reading the documentation.
As I go through it, I can see a few typo's, and would like for now to just be able to correct were possible.
A small start, but possibly lead onto additions and such.
Once I have a better grasp, I could also help with tutorials.

Could you give me write access to the wiki.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Done! Thanks for offering your help, as usual, if you encounter any doubt or problem, just ask here.
t4bt4b

Post by t4bt4b »

I would have wanted to add something to the wiki (a few enhancedments to the macro function draw2DFunction, including support for parametric and polar equations), but I'll probably have forgotten all about it by the time you've (possibly) given me edit rights.
That's why I use captchas on wikis managed by me, instead of closing them down. Works perfectly as long as you don't have enemies who sit down and solve them by hand. Bots never get around them, if they are good.
Anyway, here is the code, if anyone feels like pasting it to the wiki: https://gist.github.com/3514014
Maybe a little more documentation wouldn't hurt, but it should be largely self-evident.

Edit: I post this here so that maybe the next time I feel like editing something I can do it right away - otherwise I'll never come around to do it.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

The problem is that our wiki is managed by sourceforge, we have no way to install plugins such as captchas etc... But this will change soon when we'll host our own. I'm giving you edit permission anyway, even if you forget all about it by now... ;)
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

t4bt4b wrote:but I'll probably have forgotten all about it by the time you've (possibly) given me edit rights.
Yet Yorik gave you edit rights 36 minutes after you asked. Do you mean that you have so poor a short time memory? :D

BTW Welcome here.
t4bt4b

Post by t4bt4b »

normandc wrote:
t4bt4b wrote:but I'll probably have forgotten all about it by the time you've (possibly) given me edit rights.
Do you mean that you have so poor a short time memory? :D
Actually, yes.
But I kept this tab open, so now I might remember because of it. :)
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I saw you added your contrib to the wiki. Thanks!
twistbit

Post by twistbit »

Hello, I too would like to edit some pages. The changes I have in mind are are minor and have more to do with spelling. (I hope I don't come across as a pedant. If I could code I'd help with that as well).
Thanks.