The Arch workbench provides modern BIM workflow to FreeCAD, with support for features like IFC support, fully parametric architectural entities such as walls, structural elements or windows, and rich 2D document production. The Arch workbench also feature all the tools from the Draft Workbench.
These are tools for creating architectural objects.
- Wall: Creates a wall from scratch or using a selected object as a base
- Structural element: Creates a structural element from scratch or using a selected object as a base
- Rebar: Creates a reinforcement bar in a selected structural element
- Floor: Creates a floor including selected objects
- Building: Creates a building including selected objects
- Site: Creates a site including selected objects
- Window: Creates a window using a selected object as a base
- Section Plane: Adds a section plane object to the document
- Axes system: Adds an axes system to the document
- Roof: Creates a sloped roof from a selected face
- Space: Creates a space object in the document
- Stairs: Creates a stairs object in the document
- Panel: Creates a panel object from a selected 2D object
- Frame: Creates a frame object from a selected layout
- Equipment: Creates an equipment or furniture object
- Set material...: v 0.16
- Ceate schedule...: v 0.16
These are tools for modifying architectural objects.
- Cut with plane: Cut an object according to a plan.
- Add component: Adds objects to a component
- Remove component: Subtracts or removes objects from a component
- Survey: Enters or leaves surveying mode
These are additional tools to help you in specific tasks.
- Split Mesh: Splits a selected mesh into separate components
- Mesh To Shape: Converts a mesh into a shape, unifying coplanar faces
- Select non-solid meshes: Selects all non-solid meshes from the current selection or frm the document
- Remove Shape: Turns cubic shape-based arch object fully parametric
- Close Holes: Closes holes in a selected shape-based object
- Merge Walls: Merge two or more walls
- Check: Check if the selected objects are solids and don't contain defects
- Ifc Explorer: Browse the contents of an IFC file
- Toggle IFC Brep flag:
- 3 Views from mesh:
- BIM server:
- Commit with Git:
- IFC : Industry foundation Classes (import only)
- DAE : Collada mesh format
- OBJ : Obj mesh format (export only)